That Moment in Time
BURIAL CUSTOMS AROUND THE WORLD
CONVERSE IN VERSE
Blogs I Enjoy
TROVE TUESDAY NEWS -
Monday, July 30, 2012
PARAPROSDOKIANS: (Winston Churchill loved them.)
Here is the definition:
"Figure of speech in which the latter part of a sentence or
phrase is surprising or unexpected;
frequently used in a humorous situation."
"Where there's a will, I want to be in it,"
is a type of
1. Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
2. The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on
3. Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people
appear bright until you hear them speak.
4. If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.
5. We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.
6. War does not determine who is right - only who is left
7. Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not
putting it in a fruit salad.
8. Evening news is where they begin with 'Good Evening,' and
then proceed to tell you why it isn't.
9. To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from
many is research.
10. A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.
11. I thought I wanted a career. Turns out I just wanted
12. Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says,
'In case of emergency, notify:' I put 'DOCTOR.'
13. I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.
14. Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down
the street with a bald head and a beer gut,
and still think they are sexy.
15. Behind every successful man is his woman. Behind the fall
of a successful man is usually another woman.
16. A clear conscience is the sign of a fuzzy memory.
17. You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a
parachute to skydive twice.
18. Money can't buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier
to live with.
19. There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone
down so they can't get away.
20. I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure.
21. You're never too old to learn something stupid.
22. To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first then call whatever you hit.
23. Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
24. Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.
25. Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a
garage makes you a car.
26. Where there's a will, there are relatives.
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting. Your comment will be visible after approval.
Post Comments (Atom)